Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of OXYMORON
- Lao Tzu "I can resist anything, except temptation."
- Oscar Wilde for entertainment add flavor to speech "I like humanity, but I loathe persons."
- Edna St. Vincent Millay "A joke is actually an extremely really serious issue."
- Winston Churchill "the same difference." "So foul and fair a day I have not seen!"
- William Shakespeare THANK YOU! adjective-noun noun - verb "And faith unfaithful kept him falsely true."
- Tennyson Guest host Dark light Living dead "The silence whistles"
- Nathan Alterman Oxymora are not always a pair of words; they can also be devised in the meaning of sentences or phrases. "Why then, O brawling love, O loving hate,
O anything of nothing first create;
O heavy lightness, serious vanity,
Misshapen chaos of well‐seeming forms,
Feather of lead, bright smoke, cold fire, sick health,
Still‐waking sleep, that is not what it is!"
~ Romeo Montague Infante Medrano Mendaros FUNCTIONS: Rhetorical Effect Complexity Emphasis Wit CHARACTERISTICS pretty ugly "The deaf listens" The mute sounds