Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Wrongful Conviction of Simon Marshall
Transcript of Wrongful Conviction of Simon Marshall
In the year 1997, Simon Marshall was convicted of a number of sexual assault charges. The Simon Marshall is mentally handicap man who told police that he was the one that dfgdsf to all sexual assaults in the Sainte-Foy, Quebec area. Reports say that Simon match the description that was given by the people that were assaulted.
Simon Marshall was convicted and ended staying in prison till 2004 when DNA testing cleared Marshall of all assaults.
Simon was compensated for 2.3 million dollars , this is the highest compensation given that was this form of case before. They based it on how much his medication would cost and lost time in jail.
I think that when he said that he was the one that did all the crimes that they didn't really need to look into anything else. It was done very poorly given that the man was mentally handicap.