Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Rise of the Roman Republic Vocabulary
Transcript of The Rise of the Roman Republic Vocabulary
in the Roman Republic, a member of the upper, ruling class.
in the Roman Republic, one of the common people
a form of government in which leaders are elected to represent the people
a group of 300 men (patricians) elected by patricians to govern Rome
Served for life, appointed other government officials, & served as judges
one of two chief leaders in Rome, shared command of the army
an official of Rome elected by plebeians to represent them
spoke for the plebeians in the Senate and with the consuls
later gained the power to veto
to refuse to approve proposals of government
for the Tribunes, the power to overrule the actions of the Senate and other government officials
a set of basic laws