Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
5.2 Use Linear Equations in Slope-Intercept Form
Transcript of 5.2 Use Linear Equations in Slope-Intercept Form
and b is the y-intercept of the equation's graph step 1:
find the y-intercept by putting in the slope
and point coordinates into the slope-intercept form step 2:
write an equation of the line example- (1,2) m=4
y=4x+b subsitute the slope for m
2=4x+b y-value subsitutes for y
2=4(1)+b x-value subsitutes for the x
2=4+b solve for b
y=4x-2 subsitute the answer for b into the orginal equation example- (1,2) (4,6)
6-2/4-1 use the rule y2-y1 over x2-x1 to find the slope
m=4/3 find the slope
y=4/3x+b write the orginal equation
2=4/3(1)+b subsitute one set of coordinates(does not matter which one) into the equation
2=4/3+b solve for b
y=4/3x-1 2/3 subsitute the answer for b into the original equation The End :)
Brianna Edgerly practice problems:
1. (3,4) m=7
2. (7,5) (4,2) answers-
2. y=x-2 Definitions