Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Analogies
TEARS : SADNESS :: smiles : joy KNIFE : CUT :: shovel : dig FISH : SEA :: moose : forest CHUCKLE : LAUGH :: whimper : cry CASHIER : CASH :: plumber : pipe BOIL : EGG :: throw : ball Performer & Action AUTHOR : WRITE :: chef : cook How to solve an analogy question:
1. Read the question
2. Figure out what the emphasized words mean.
3. Compare the two words.
4. choose the answer with the same comparison Sentence 1: The loquacious girl was a sharp contrast to her taciturn sister, who tended to be as quiet as a mouse.
Sentence 2: The loquacious five-year-old chatted with her dolls as ceaselessly as the Energizer bunny.
Which explanation below shows the relationship between loquacious and taciturn?
A. Loquacious is to happy as taciturn is to sad.
B. Loquacious is to curious as taciturn is to uninterested.
C. Loquacious is to talkative as taciturn is to silent
D. Loquacious is to energetic as taciturn is to lazy.