Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
School uniforms vs. your own clothes
Transcript of School uniforms vs. your own clothes
—Maryam, age 9 I think uniforms are not a good idea because how someone dresses shows what kind of person they are. And if the uniforms require girls to wear skirts, they're usually too short! What if the girl is a tomboy who hates skirts, and the colors are disgusting? People should have choices!
—Ashley, age 13 Both girls show why schools shouldn't give students uniforms because students use there clothes to express themselves. If all students had to wear the same uniforms they wont feel as independent. REASONS
1) Some parents aren't able to pay for uniforms.
2) Uniforms may distract students from learning.
3) Uniforms take away from the students creativity. Why students should wear school uniforms. My school went to uniforms three years ago. At first I didn't like the idea of the school telling me what I could wear. After we started wearing them, though, I noticed that more people were becoming friends based on who they were inside, not on what outfit they had on. We have plenty of chances outside of school to wear whatever clothes we want, if that's how a person expresses herself. Wearing uniforms ends some of the peer pressure—one of the many worries we have to face. I think they are a good idea.
—Katie, age 11 Yes! I think that school uniforms are a very good idea. They prevent people from being teased or made fun of. Clothes shouldn't matter so much, but even though we all know that, we can still be mean a lot of the time. I think if schools had uniforms, it might help prevent hurt feelings. My school is thinking about getting uniforms right now, and lots of kids think they're ugly and don't want them. But I secretly like them. Shhh! Don't tell!
—Abby, age 13 Both girls said that schools should have uniforms because a lot of people get picked on for what they are wearing. When Katie's school got uniforms she realized that a lot of people became friends because everybody had the same clothes on. REASONS
1) Uniforms can prevent bullying.
2) Friendships will be made.
3) There will be school spirit. My opinion is that students shouldn't have to wear uniforms. This is because students should be able to express themselves. If the school makes them wear uniforms how can they show what their personality is. This is because when students wear their own clothes they can express what they are feeling. Students also can't be creative with what they wear if they are in uniforms. This is because if the students are in uniforms they have to wear certain things that the school wants them to. Also, students can't put two different pieces of clothing together and make a new outfit.