Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Making Clay Monsters
Transcript of Making Clay Monsters
Examples of their work
Parts of a monster
Cat Audette Holt & Rich Holt of Baltimore MD.
Which sculptures stand out and why?
1. Follow the proper steps for clay handbuilding to create and in-the-round sculpture of a monster
2. Use all clay materials appropriately ( incuding clean up)
3. Include a different feature on each side of the in-the-round sculpture. (front, right side, left side, and back) (teeth, eyes, nose, mouth, tail, hair, feet, horns....)
4.Properly SLIP AND SCORE all pieces of the clay together
5. NEATNESS AND CRAFTSMANSHIP. smoothed out surface, removed cracks, finalized details, and considered the view of the sculpture from ALL sides
6.GLAZE sculpture neatly and completly
7. BE CREATIVE AND ORIGINAL!
We will create these monsters on the form of a hollowed out sphere
Here is how to make the sphere:
What stands out to you?
Think about the features we discussed and how you can combine them in unique ways
How many eyes does your monster have?
What shape are your monster's teeth?
Does your monster have a nose? ears? horns?
Claws? Hands? Accessories? Eye brows? Hair?
Here's how to make the monster:
MAKING CLAY MONSTERS
How would you describe their artwork?
ROLL THE CLAY INTO 2 EQUAL SPHERES
CREATE TWO PINCH POTS OF EQUAL SIZE AND WIDTH. KEEP IT THICK!!!!
SLIP AND SCORE
THE PINCH POTS TOGETHER
SMOOTH OUT YOUR HOLLOW SPHERE USING METAL RIB, HANDS, OR WOODEN SPOON
USE NEEDLE TOOL TO CUT AN OPENING FOR THE MOUTH
BEGIN OPENING THE MOUTH BY PULLING IT IN DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS
(SMOOTH OUT THE INSIDE OF SPHERE IF POSSIBLE)
ADD MONSTER FEATURES USING SLIP AND SCORE METHOD TO SECURE ALL PIECES OF CLAY
PAST STUDENT WORK
See how we used the artists as inspiration for our project??
In order to recieve your clay tomorrow, you must draw your
monster from a front view and a side view