Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
GCSE Music from the Caribbean
Transcript of GCSE Music from the Caribbean
music originated in the 20th century in Trinidad and Tobago
It fused European Music (from the slave trade) and African music
Often about island life, and personal political views
Memorable, catchy tunes
singer with guitar or a bigger groups with brass, saxophones and drums
1) To be able to play salsa rhythms
2)To be able to play a salsa montuno
Became popular in the middle of the 20th Century
Used by the Islanders to play Calypso Music! - Now it's your turn!
1) To be able to describe the characteristics of the Calypso in context
2) To be able to compare Calypso with other types of Caribbean Music
To know the characteristics of Salsa music
To know how a salsa rhythm section works.
Remember - Salsa Music is played
all around the Caribbean !