Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Food & Beverage Management
Transcript of Food & Beverage Management
Functions of Management
My experience within the food industry is very low. But what little i have done did, during my first practice, I was in a hotel in the payroll department which is within the area of human resources, I help organize some internal events. One was a contest for Halloween where each department should decorate their work areas, another was for an internal competition to the format of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? which involved the four hotels of the chain and we were chosen as the headquarters of the game. As it was for November we decorate with typical items. Another was for a party organized for children of employees. Once inside the kitchen unique experiences I've had is giving Le Cordon Blue and attending pastry class.
My food industry experience
I have to be honest and say that I love the food from my grandmother. I declare myself a fan of home cooking and as good Panamanian I am, love our traditional cuisine. What I can say I don't like the spicy food. The spicy and I did not get along very well. But I am not opposed to trying different types of food.
My culinary preferences
I would travel to many places and know as much as possible. I would like to work within the world of hospitality. I know that i have to pass trough so many steps and learn a lot to get where I want. I love Panama, but if I offered to go to another country I would not have to think twice and i gonna accept. I think there are many opportunities here, but I think there are even more possibilities in the world to be tapped.
My future plans
Management Skills Pyramid
"If they don't call you CRAZY, you're not creative enough"
1. The spirit of the squirrel: ¨Work worthwhile¨
• Must know the reason for the job, how important it is and what impact it has on others.
• Which is done everyday, worth.
• Must work on a shared goal.
2. The spirit of the beaver: ¨Exercise control over the fulfillment of the goal¨
• Independently controlled to control the goals.
• Should do what you are able to do.
• Plan clear and specific goals for the short and long term.
• Let other do what they know to do.
3. The spirit on the goose: ¨Given encourage each other to keep going¨
• Meet the basic needs on workers in an organization.
• Nourish the spirit of the people through the congratulations.
• It is important that what is recognized and value.
Born in Saitama (Japan), Nobuyuki Matsuhisa, better known as "Nobu" is one of the most outstanding chefs of the culinary universe.
The day his older brother took him to eat, for the first time in a sushi restaurant Nobu child, fell in love culinary environment, the aromas and flavors of fish, nori seaweed and other Japanese ingredients. From there, he embarked on a culinary journey that has taken him to many decorated paths of textures, flavors and culinary essences.
After graduating, he found employment at a Tokyo restaurant called Matsuei. Then, at age 24, accepted the offer of a client that led to Peruvian territory, later visited Argentina before returning to Japan, traveled to Alaska and finally settled in Los Angeles.
In 1987, he opened his own restaurant called Matsuhisa in Beverly Hills, becoming a hit with foodies and Hollywood celebrities. There he met Robert De Niro and began a fruitful business relationship obviously. That same year the magazine "Los Angeles Times Magazine" proclaimed him one of the rising stars of the cuisine of Southern California. Their food is dubbed "new japanese" because he venture beyond the sea, away from the favorites, seafood products, to go into the kitchen of meat or chicken.
In August 1994 opened the Nobu restaurant in New York with actor Robert de Niro and Drew Nieporent hospitality. And as expected, achieved the same success as Matsuhisa. Its growing popularity gave him the opportunity to open the localNext Door Nobu. In 2000 he teamed up with fashion designer, Giorgio Armani, and opened another restaurant Nobu based in Milan.
Nobu currently has 25 restaurants in 21 different cities around the world, which spans five continents and yet he still raining offers in other areas of the world. He has written five cookbooks; He has participated in commercials and movies. Undoubtedly, it remains a reference of Japanese cuisine.
On the other hand, divides his time in charity events such as Taste of Dreams, which seeks to raise funds for various causes.
My food industry guru
Nobu Matsuhisa, Emperor of Japanese food
1) THE GROSS PROFIT: TOTAL INCOME – TOTAL COST
2) THE GROSS PROFIT PERCENTAGE: THE GROSS PROFIT X 100 / TOTAL INCOME
3) THE TOTAL VARIABLE COST: FOOD COST + BEVERAGE COST + VARIABLE SALARIES + VARIABLE COST
4) THE TOTAL FIXED COST: FIXED SALARIES + FIXED COST
5) THE PRIME COST: FOOD COST + BEVERAGE COST + VARIABLE SALARIES
6) THE CONTRIBUTION MARGIN: PROFIT – TOTAL VARIABLE COST
7) THE CONTRIBUTION RATE: THE CONTRIBUTION MARGIN X 100 / TOTAL INCOME
Figures of Profit & Loses Analysis
Examples of Profit & Loses Analysis
1) THE GROSS PROFIT: 1,410,000 – 1,316,640 = 93,360
2) THE GROSS PROFIT PERCENTAGE: 93,360 x 100 / 1,410,000 = 6,62%
3) THE TOTAL VARIABLE COST: 500,990 + 125,210 + 75,000 + 50,060 = 751,260
4) THE TOTAL FIXED COST: 425,100 + 140,280= 565,380
5) THE PRIME COST: 500,990 + 125,210 + 75,000 = 701,200
6) THE CONTRIBUTION MARGIN: 93,360 – 751,260 = -65,7900
7) THE CONTRIBUTION RATE: -657,900 x 100 / 1,410,000 = -46,65%
1) THE GROSS PROFIT: 750,000 – 548,458 = 201,542
2) THE GROSS PROFIT PERCENTAGE: 201,542 x 100 / 750,000 = 26,87%
3) THE TOTAL VARIABLE COST: 189,100 + 34,108 + 38,200 + 59,750 = 321,158
4) THE TOTAL FIXED COST: 150,300 + 77,000 = 227,300
5) THE PRIME COST: 189,100 + 34,108 + 38,200 = 261,408
6) THE CONTRIBUTION MARGIN: 201,542 – 321,158 = -119,616
7) THE CONTRIBUTION RATE: -119,616 x 100 / 750,000 = -15,94%
“The question isn’t who is going let me, it’s who is going to stop me.”
PROFIT & LOSES ANALYSIS
Related to this topic, in one of the classes we did a dynamic on how would a job interview. Previous to this, we split into groups and bring classic questions that make at the time of interview us.
We were supposed to get dressed for the occasion and the human resources department of our salon, would make them the questions doing a mock job interview.
During this dynamic, went correcting the errors that were committed and also gave us tips of things we should do to get out of this experience, successful.
KFC - Kall me freak controller
With the KFC, I realized that my times of basic functions were totally uncontrolled.
Sometimes it is difficult to meet the schedules of food and sleep.
I learned that I should take better care of myself, because if I do not, nobody will make it for me.
With this, now I should have control and consistency with my schedule, so that everything works as it should.
Game for my mental agility
It may seem boring, but I love it.
It helps me think and keeps me entertained.
According to studies, requires patience and the exercise of intellectual gifts that make this a very attractive pastime.
In particular the functions of perception of images, deductive analysis, strategy planning, coordination and working memory are developed.
Profitability: the state or condition of yielding a financial profit or gain. It is often measured by price to earning ratio.
Management is a
Administration is a
The profit and loss is the primary means to measure profitability and performance of the company in a specific time or period.
A profit and loss effectively developed should provide important information on the structure of income and expenses of the company
It is a purely economic statement and dynamic character drawn at the close of the accounting year, usually performed each year.
Recruitment can be defined as a set of procedures used to attract a sufficient number of suitable candidates for a specific position in a given organization.
The balanced scorecard (BSC) is a strategy performance management tool - a semi-standard structured report, supported by design methods and automation tools, that can be used by managers to keep track of the execution of activities by the staff within their control and to monitor the consequences arising from these actions.
The critical characteristics that define a balanced scorecard are:
-Its focus on the strategic agenda of the organization concerned
-The selection of a small number of data items to monitor
-A mix of financial and non-financial data items.
Strategy Clock is a model used in marketing to analyse the competitive position of a company in comparison to the offerings of competitors. It was developed by Cliff Bowman and David Faulkner as an elaboration of the three Porter generic strategies. As with Porter's Generic Strategies, Bowman considers competitive advantage in relation to cost advantage or differentiation advantage. Bowman's Strategy Clock represents eight possible strategies in four quadrants defined by the axes of price and perceived added value. The resulting star shape is reminiscent of a clock face, giving this tool its name.
Food & Beverage Management
For this topic, we have to do an interview with someone who was related to the hospitality industry. In this case we interviewed the Chef Pablo Aguirre, chef of Corvina & Caña Restaurant at Panama Marriot Hotel.
Then the interview:
Concept of management officially since 1987.
"In my opinion, reaching the top means it's time to start a new project. Success is the beginning of the next. If we are willing to learn, we find that every new day offer something different. "
“I've had a lot of success; I've had failures, so I learn from the failure.”
-Chef Gordon Ramsay
"People who do not work are so boring and are usually bored. You have to be passionate, you have to be engaged and you have to be contributing to the world."
"Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world."
"Being humble is an obligation."
-Chef Nobu Matsuhisa
By: Nayarith Villarreal
The initials refers to "Kall me freak controller"
It is a challenge that brought us the professor, whose purpose was that we controlled some of our basic functions.
The results we were looking was that we should learn how to take care of ourselves, of our time and schedules with organization, responsibility and requirement.