Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Step up to Writing
Transcript of Step up to Writing
Before we talk about full essays, let's start by talking about paragraph structure.
On a stop light yellow means to "slow down"
In a paragraph, you slow down and introduce key concepts/facts that support your topic sentence.
Green on a stop light means "GO"
Paragraphs are a lot like stop lights.
The same is true with the first sentence of a paragraph: The Topic Sentence.
The topic sentence starts the paragraph and tells the reader what the paragraph is going to be about.
On a stop light red means it is time to "stop"
In a paragraph, you "stop" and explain your previous yellow detail sentence.
I know that a stop light doesn't have 2 greens, but a paragraph does!
Good luck and have FUN!