Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Lichen
vacuum of the world.
They take everything in, even
air pollution Air pollution is measured
on a scale of 0-10.
10 is the highest and 0 is the
lowest. Lichen are affected
with anything >7 Lichens are affected by
air pollution because
they are unable to avoid
the pollutants in the air. The lack of lichen
in an area means
that area's air is
The Natural Vacuum Air pollution is a very big
deal for these organisms because
they get their nutrients
from the air. Due to the
lack of roots. The results have not been very good.
Areas with a surplus of lichen have shown a 10% decrease of lichen in the last 10 years due to the air pollution.
Lichen are a mix of
alga and fungus. They both
live off each other. THEY ARE NOT PLANTS! Not all lichen react
the same to air pollution. What are lichen? Lichen are composite
organisms consisting of a
symbiotic association of a fungus
with a partner, green alga and... A way to test air
pollution is to
observe the amount of
lichen in an area. THANK YOU
ALL WILL TAKE A
STEP TO PREVENT AIR
POLLUTION AND THUS SAVING
THESE NATURAL VACUUMS.