Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
RIZAL AS A POLITICAL PHILOSOPHER
Transcript of RIZAL AS A POLITICAL PHILOSOPHER
A Century, Hence"
Rizal's essay that cautioned the government of Spain
Rizal Would Criticize Today's Society
Rizal as an ILLUSTRADO
Also known as "enlightened one"
Attached to the names of young men during the 1880s
Opposed the repressive Spanish government and church
Criticized the Spanish government officials for failing to provide adequate services
Rizal's political views sought to seek a self-reliant, self-respecting government, a "government, made for the people, by the people answerable to the people."
Rizal viewed politics from the pragmatic points of view
He proposed the adoption of some reforms that should come from above for it to be effective and to avoid costly and undesirable explosions