Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Waves
Energy on earth comes from the sun
Two types of waves
1. Transverse waves
These move material (the medium),up and down as they travel through. examples are:
Water waves move the water surface up and down
waves on guitar strings
move the strings up and down.
- we can see light but we can't see the
that make up light like we can with water waves etc. They are too small!
WAVES CARRY ENERGY
Light waves are special waves
which don't need material to
travel. They can pass through space!
1. Waves transfer E _ _ R _ _ from one location to another.
2. Two types of waves that require a medium (material) are _____ waves and _____ waves
3. An example of waves that can travel in empty space is _____ _____