Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Angelina Jolie
• Jolie donated $5 million to the UNHCR (UNHCR)
• In 2003, Angelina created the Maddox Jolie-Pitt foundation (UNHCR)
• In 2003, Angelina was the first recipient of the Citizen of the World Award by the United Nations Correspondents Association (UNHCR)
• In 2005, she launched the National Center for Refugee and Immigrant Children (UNHCR)
• Angelina was awarded the Global Humanitarian Award by the United Nations Association of the USA and the Business Council for the UN (UNHCR)
• In 2007 she was awarded the Freedom Award by the International Rescue Committee (UNHCR)
• In 2011 the UN refugee agency paid tribute to Jolie, for her 10 years of service as a UNHCR Goodwill Ambassador (UNHCR)
• Angelina is presently still involved with charity work (UNHCR)
Angelina Jolie should be considered an effective leader because she is:
Angelina Jolie and Rick Hansen
The two famous leaders I am here to talk about are Angelina Jolie and Rick Hansen. Angelina and Rick are exemplary leaders whom have both worked diligently to ensure their goals are achieved.
Angelina Jolie, a famous actress and a goodwill ambassador for United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is passionate about helping others. Rick Hansen, a paraplegic graduate of the University of British Columbia is devoted to helping others with spinal cord injuries much like himself. Angelina Jolie and Rick Hansen put forth a great deal of effort to make a difference in people’s lives.
• Rick Hansen was Born August 26th, 1957 in Port Alberni, British Columbia, Canada (Rick Hansen Foundation)
• Rick grew up in Williams Lake, British Columbia, Canada (Rick Hansen Foundation)
• From a young age Rick was involved in a wide array of sports, even following his spinal cord injury (Rick Hansen Foundation)
• At the age of 15, Rick sustained a serious spinal cord injury that left him paralyzed from the waist down (Rick Hansen Foundation)
• Rick graduated university with a degree in physical education enabling him to research and find therapies for SCI (Rick Hansen Foundation)
• Rick was passionate about physical activity and was involved in numerous sporting events (Taylor 32)
• In 1987 Rick married Amanda Reid, his former physiotherapist. Rick and his wife had three daughters: Emma, Alana, Rebecca (Taylor 40)
• Rick currently lives with his family in Richmond, British Columbia, Canada (Taylor 40)
Angelina Jolie and Rick Hansen both display democratic leadership styles.
engages the entire group all while allowing the leader to make final decisions and continue being an effective leader through encouraging others, praising their work, communicating and providing ideas.
Angelina and Rick are similar to one another as they have both experienced difficulties within their lives in which they both found as opportunities to grow stronger and learn from experiences. Both individuals are upbeat, forward-looking people.
Jolie and Hansen are both incredibly influential people.
Both leaders are also very hard workers whom put their full effort towards their work.
Angelina and Rick also were able to use their celebrity status for the awareness of a good cause.
There is nothing you can’t do. If you set your mind to it, anything is possible.
• Angelina Jolie was born June 4th, 1975 in Los Angeles, California (Morton 1)
• Angelina dedicates her past hardships to her present success (Morton 308)
• At the age of 7, Angelina made her first acting debut in which she continues today (Newsmakers)
• Rose to stardom at 15 years of age
• Married to Brad Pitt
• She began her voluntary charity work at the age of 26 (UNHCR)
• Angelina and spouse Brad Pitt have a total of 6 children
• Angelina was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 39 (Newsmakers)
•Rick created the “Man in Motion World Tour” in 1985 wheeling 40 000 km through 34 countries (Taylor 1)
• Rick established the “Rick Hansen Foundation” to raise funds to find a cure for spinal cord injuries through donations and fundraisers (Rick Hansen Foundation)
• His foundation lead to the creation of the “Spinal Cord Injury Solutions Network”, a research facility dedicated to generating solutions for those with SCI (Rick Hansen Foundation)
• In 1983 Rick received the Lou Marsh award for the most outstanding Canadian athlete of the year along side Wayne Gretzky (Hansen 3)
• In 2002 he was awarded the Queen Elizabeth II Golden Jubilee Commemorative Medal (Hansen 3)
• The “Wheels in Motion Tour” was created by Rick Hansen in 2003 (Hansen 3)
• In 2006 he was awarded the William Van Horne Visionary Award (Hansen 3)
• In 2006 he was inducted in Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame (Hansen 3)
• In 2007 he was honored to be a star on Canada’s walk of fame (Hansen 3)
• In 2012 Rick was awarded the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal (Hansen 3)
Every day we choose who we are by how we define ourselves.
Angelina Jolie on a mission in Chad, Africa
Angelina accepting the Global Humanitarian Award
Angelina Jolie accepted the U.N. Correspondents Association's first Citizen of the World Award for her work with refugees
Rick's honourary star on Canada's Walk of Fame
Rick Hansen receiving the Lou Marsh award along side Wayne Gretzky
Rick Hansen inducted in the BC Sports Hall of Fame
By Selma Sokolovic
Fig.1. Angelina as a toddler( Harwinderal)
Fig. 2. Angelina as a pre-teen (Harwinderal)
Fig. 3. Angelina as a teenager (Harwinderal)
Fig. 4. Angelina Jolie (Richards)
Fig. 5. Angelina in Chad, Africa (Per-Anders Pettersson)
Fig. 7. Angelina Honoured at Governor's Award (News.com)
Fig. 6. Jolie Named 'Citizen Of The World' (Esterbrook)
Fig. 12. Rick Hansen toddler (Rick Hansen Foundation)
Fig. 13. Rick Hansen turning 16 (Rick Hansen Foundation)
Fig. 14. Rick Hansen on Man in Motion World Tour (Hemangi)
Fig. 15. Rick Hansen (Rick Hansen Foundation)
Fig. 16.Rick's induction in Canada's Walk of Fame (Canada's Walk of Fame)
Fig. 17. Rick's induction in BC Sports Hall of Fame (BC Sports Hall of Fame)
Fig. 18. Lou Marsh Award (Yeo)
Fig. 22. Democratic Leadership (Rezaie)
Fig. 23. Overcoming Obstacles (Hajinero)
Fig. 24. Strength (Deposit Photos)
Fig. 25. Influential (Reid)
Fig. 27. Celebrity Status (Sooey)
Rick Hansen should be considered an effective leader because he is:
Sets a Clear Vision
Fig. 26. Hardwork (Amir)
"About Rick Hansen." Rick Hansen Foundation. Web. 22 May 2014. http://www.rickhansen.com/Who-We-Are/About-Rick-Hansen
"Angelina Jolie Fact Sheet." United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees. United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, n.d. Web. 21 May 2014. <http://www.unhcr.org/pages/49db77906.html>.
Hansen, Rick. Rick Hansen. 1st ed. Richmond: Rick Hansen Foundation, Print.
Newsmakers, . "Angelina Jolie." Gale Biography in Context . Gale, 17 Apr 2013. Web. 21 May 2014. <http://ic.galegroup.com/ic/bic1/ReferenceDetailsPage/ReferenceDetailsWindow?failOverType=&query=&windowstate=normal&contentModules=&mode=view&displayGroupName=Reference&limiter=&u=kitc10262&currPage=&disableHighlighting=true&displayGroups=&sortBy=&source=&search_within_results=&p=BIC1&action=e&catId=GALE|00000000MSTT&activityType=&scanId=&documentId=GALE|K1618002932>.
Morton, Andrew. Angelina. 1st ed. New York: St. Martins Publishing, 2010. 328. Print.
Taylor, Jim, and Rick Hansen. Rick Hansen: Man in Motion. Vancouver: D&M Publishers Inc., 2011. 344. Print.
Fig. 8 Determination (Photobucket)
Fig. 9. Courage (FotoSearch)
Fig. 10. Respect (Rando)
Fig. 11. Heart (Biro)
Fig. 19 Determination (Photobucket)
Fig. 20. Commitment (Institute for Sustainability
Fig. 21. Positivity (Amanda)
Works Cited: Images
About Rick Hansen. N.d. Photograph. Rick Hansen Foundation. Web. 3 Jun 2014. <http://www.rickhansen.com/Who-We-Are/About-Rick-Hansen>.
Amir, Nina. Hardwork. 2010. Photograph. Non-Fiction Now, Santa Cruz. Web. 4 Jun 2014.
Angelina Jolie Honoured at Governors Award. 2013. Photograph. news.com.au. Web. 3 Jun 2014. <http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/tears-as-angelina-jolie-steve-martin-honoured-at-governors-awards/story-e6frfmqi-1226762129355>.
Angelina Jolie in Chad. N.d. Photograph. Per-Anders Pettersson, Charlotte. Web. 3 Jun 2014. <http://www.peranderspettersson.com/
Awards and Accomplishments. N.d. Photograph. Rick Hansen Foundation, Richmond. Web. 3 Jun 2014. <http://www.rickhansen.com/Who-We-Are/About-Rick-Hansen/Awards-and-Accomplishments>.
Biro, Meghan. Leading With the Heart. 2010. Photograph. Lead Change GroupWeb. 5 Jun 2014. <http://leadchangegroup.com/leading-with-the-heart-and-a-dash-of-emotional-intelligence/>.
BC Sports Hall of Fame. N.d. Photograph. BC Sports Hall of Fame and Museum, Victoria. Web. 3 Jun 2014. <http://www.bcsportshalloffame.com/visit-us/museum-exhibitions-galleries/>.
Committment Statement . N.d. Photograph. Institute for Sustainability Web. 5 Jun 2014. <http://www.aiche.org/ifs/resources/sustainable-meeting-initiative/environmental-commitment-statement>.
Courage. 2010. Photograph. FotoSearchWeb. 5 Jun 2014. <http://comps.fotosearch.com/comp/CSP/CSP916/brave-courage-overcoming_~k9167819.jpg>.
Determination. 2009. Photograph. PhotobucketWeb. 5 Jun 2014. <http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z73/Duffyhimself/determination.jpg>.
Hemangi, . COMMUNITY HERO: RICK HANSEN. 2007. Photograph. My HeroWeb. 3 Jun 2014. <http://www.myhero.com/go/hero.asp?hero=R_Hansen_SLSS_CA_2007_ul>.
Esterbrook, John. Jolie Named 'Citizen Of The World'. 2003. Photograph. CBS NewsWeb. 3 Jun 2014. <http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jolie-named-citizen-of-the-world/>.
Harwinderal, . Angelina Jolie childhood pictures. 2011. Photograph. n.p. Web. 3 Jun 2014. <http://childhood-pictures.blogspot.ca/2011/11/angelina-jolie-childhood-pictures.html>.
Hajinero, . Overcoming Obstacles. 2014. Photograph. El Haji NeroWeb. 4 Jun 2014. <http://beingelhajinero.com/2014/05/overcoming-obstacles/>.
Positivity. 2012. Photograph. ImaconWeb. 5 Jun 2014. <http://inmymindpositivity.blogspot.ca/>.
Rando, Jay. Respect. 2012. Photograph. JAYRANDO Inc.Web. 5 Jun 2014. <http://jayrando.com/2012/03/11/self-respect-is-taught/>.
Reid, Geneva. Influential. 2010. Photograph. n.p. Web. 4 Jun 2014.
Rezaie, Mehdi. We Need a Revitalized and Capable National Leadership Read more: http://www.outlookafghanistan.net/topics.php?post_id=784
Richards, Chris. Angelina Jolie. 2014. Photograph. MirrorWeb. 3 Jun 2014. <http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/angelina-jolie-double-mastectomy-star-3219305>.
Rick's Blog. N.d. Photograph. Rick Hansen FoundationWeb. 3 Jun 2014. <https://www.rickhansen.com/News-Media/Blog/May-2014/Article/224/remembering-our-friend-tracy-dort-kyne>.
Rick Hansen. 2007. Photograph. Canada's Walk of Fame, Vancouver. Web. 3 Jun 2014. <http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/inductees/2007/rick-hansen>.
Sooey, Jeffrey. Manufacturing Celebrity Status. 2010. Photograph. JTSWeb. 4 Jun 2014. <http://coachestrainingblog.com/becomeacoach/how-become-a-coach-manufacturing-celebrity-status/5761/>.
Strong muscle arm. 2013. Photograph. Deposit Photos. Web. 4 Jun 2014. <http://depositphotos.com/30264449/stock-illustration-Strong-muscle-arm-icon-clipart-illustration.html>.
Yeo, Debra, and Debra Yeo. Rick Hansen: A Concert for Heroes. 2012. Photograph. TheStar.comWeb. 3 Jun 2014. <http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/television/2012/06/24/tv_tonight_five_worth_watching_on_sunday.html>.