Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of P410spinabifida
Neural Tube defect
~1,500 infants born each year
Detected through CT, MRI, AFP Levels
Disruption in Primary Neurulation
Congenital-disruption very early on (<28 days)
cyst contains spinal cord
results in paralysis
medical complications typical
Chairi II malformation
cyst contains cerebral spinal fluid
paresis; spinal cord intact
defect in vetebral arch leading to spinous process
typically goes undiagnosed
Bowel & Bladder issues
Bone deformities (valgus scoliosis; kyphosis)
PA & Exercise
Use of latex*
quick changes of body position
Very similar to SCI
development/body awareness issues
Upper body strength
age-appropriate social interaction**
Very capable/independent adults