Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Articles...
What the hell is an article?
''The'' Can be used before singular and plural, count and non-count nouns.
An—used before singular count nouns beginning with a vowel (a, e, i, o, u) or vowel sound.
Use A/An with a singular noun to mention something for the first time.
Definite article or Indefinite article?
water that you gave me.
Mapocho River is near here.
Used to indicate a noun that is unique.
A—used before singular count nouns beginning with consonants.
Ex: an apple, an elephant, an issue, an orange...
a stamp, a desk, a TV, a cup, a book
He works for
Prepare for exercises!
1. I bought _____ pair of pants and a shirt.
2. I saw _____ car crash last week.
3. They are staying _____ downtown.
4. I think _____ man is very unfriendly.
5. I don't like ______ soccer.
6. That is _____ issue between you and the boss.
7. _____ water is dirty. Don't drink it!
A/AN: First mention of something
THE: Specific and clear to speaker
Use no articles with plural nouns, when they refer to people or things in general.
You can not use ''the''.
-Tennis is a beautiful game.
-Politicians are wise.
Use a/an also to talk about a person's job.