Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Articles...
What the hell is an article?
''The'' Can be used before singular and plural, count and non-count nouns.
An—used before singular count nouns beginning with a vowel (a, e, i, o, u) or vowel sound.
Use A/An with a singular noun to mention something for the first time.
Definite article or Indefinite article?
water that you gave me.
Mapocho River is near here.
Used to indicate a noun that is unique.
A—used before singular count nouns beginning with consonants.
Ex: an apple, an elephant, an issue, an orange...
a stamp, a desk, a TV, a cup, a book
He works for
Prepare for exercises!
1. I bought _____ pair of pants and a shirt.
2. I saw _____ car crash last week.
3. They are staying _____ downtown.
4. I think _____ man is very unfriendly.
5. I don't like ______ soccer.
6. That is _____ issue between you and the boss.
7. _____ water is dirty. Don't drink it!
A/AN: First mention of something
THE: Specific and clear to speaker
Use no articles with plural nouns, when they refer to people or things in general.
You can not use ''the''.
-Tennis is a beautiful game.
-Politicians are wise.
Use a/an also to talk about a person's job.