Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Narrative tenses
and past perfect IT DESCRIBES THE MAIN
EVENTS IN A
PAST NARRATIVE PAST SIMPLE I called the police and they
arrived more or less
straight away (First) he got up and (then)
he left the room Use the past simple to talk about
consecutive actions in the past PAST CONTINUOUS IT DESCRIBES LONG ACTIONS
THAT ARE HAPPENING BEFORE,
DURING AND AFTER THE MAIN
EVENTS WHEN THEY GOT HOME
EVERYONE WAS WAITING
TO GREET THEM IT IS ALSO USED TO "SET
AT THE BEGINNING
OF A STORY IT WAS RAINING AND THE
FAMILY WAS HAVING BREAKFAST.
SUDDENLY.... PAST PERFECT IT DESCRIBES EVENTS BEFORE
THE EVENTS IN THE MAIN NARRATIVE The suspects had
when the police
arrived IT IS THE "PAST
OF THE PAST"