Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Water level controller using IC-555
Transcript of Water level controller using IC-555
purpose to save water...
Automatic water level controller circuit is a simple engineering project. It can automatically switch ON and OFF the domestic water pump set depending on the tank water level. You can implement this motor driver circuit at your home or college using less costly components. The approximated cost of the project is very less. The main advantage of this water level controller circuit is that it can automatically controls the water pump without any user interaction
Water Level Controller employs a simple mechanism to detect and maintain the water level in a tank or any other container by switching it on/off the motor automatically when needed. The level sensing is done by three sensors which are placed at different levels on the tank walls. The three sensors are placed as following:
i. Sensor C- At the bottom of the tank.
ii. Sensor B- A little above of sensor.
iii. Sensor A-At the top of the tank.
The three sensors are maintaining the water level in the tank by triggering & retriggering the timer IC.
1. Power supply (12v)
2. NE 555 timer IC
3. Resistors (100Ωx2, 10kΩ, 1kΩ)
4. Relay (12V, 30A)
5. SL 100 transistor
6. 1N4007 Diode
This circuit works on 12 V DC supply, we need a step down transformer of 12 V 300mA.It converts input 230 AC voltage to 12V AC as an output. Then this AC voltage is rectified using a rectification circuit with 4 diodes connected in a bridge form. The output after the diode is 12V DC which is rectified using rectifier 7812. This rectified output of 12V DC is used in the circuit.
555 Timer IC
The 555 timer IC is an integrated circuit (chip) used in a variety of timer, pulse generation, and oscillator applications. The 555 can be used to provide time delays, as an oscillator, and as a flip-flop element. The NE555 parts were commercial temperature range
• We know the property of 555 timer IC, i.e. its output goes HIGH when voltage at the second pin (trigger pin) is less than 1/3 Vcc.
• Also we can reset back the IC by applying a LOW voltage at the 4th pin (Reset pin).
• In this project 3 wires are dipped in water tank. Let us define two water levels-Bottom (L) level and Top (H) level. One of the wire or probe is from Vcc, which can be called as middle level(m).
• The probe from bottom level is connected to the trigger (2nd) pin of 555 IC. So the voltage at 2nd pin is Vcc when it is covered by water.
• When water level goes down, the 2nd pin gets disconnected (untouched) from Water i.e. voltage at the trigger pin becomes less than Vcc. Then the output of 555 becomes high.
• The output of 555 is fed to a SL 100 transistor, it energizes the relay coil and the water pump set is turned ON Vce (sat) =0.2V.
• While the water level rises, the top level probe is covered by water and the transistor becomes ON. Its collector voltage goes to V
• The low voltage at the 4th pin resets the IC. So The output of 555 becomes 0V. Hence the motor will turn OFF automatically.
• For practical implementation, you must use a relay. Rating of relay is chosen according to the load (Motor). 32 Ampere relay is best suited for domestic applications.
Thus by using this simple arrangement we can save wastage of water and electricity. It is very important for us to control the use of natural source of energy. By using this circuit we can solve our purpose very easily
Water level controller using IC-555