Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Tutorial 1 " Mass Transfer " 2014-2015
Transcript of Tutorial 1 " Mass Transfer " 2014-2015
Blast from the past
What's mass transfer (Diffusion) ?
Molecular diffusion and Fick's law
One of the easiest subjects in the department
Types of Diffusion
1 ft = 0.3048 m , 1 in= 0.0254 m
1 in = 2.54 cm , 1 gallon = 3.785 litres
1 lb = 0.4536 kg
1 hr = 60 min = 3600 sec
1 atm = 101.325 kPa = 760 mmHg = 14.7 psi
K=oC + 273 , R = oF + 460
1 K = 1 0C , 1 R = 1 oF
1 oC = 1.8 oF
1 K = 1.8 R
t (0F) = 1.8 t (oC) + 32
Calculating mass Transfer flux
2*10^-6*3.14 /4 *400 = 6.28*10^-4 lbmole/sec
office hours: Tuesday (10:30 - 11:30)
Wednesday (2:00 - 3:00)
F= D P * ln
F= 0.1 *1 *ln