Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of CH: 6 CONVEYING VERBAL MESSAGES
Transcript of Copy of CH: 6 CONVEYING VERBAL MESSAGES
By: Eveline, Natalie, Reem & Shideh
Higher Order Q's
Face to Face
Types of Communication
Types of Noises
Types of Communication Skills
Motivation & Needs
Reardon's ACE Theory
Theory of Persuasion
1. Explain how hard it was to effectively communicate without using common words
2. How can someone improve their verbal communication if they have a language barrier?
CH:6 Conveying Verbal Messages
Actively Listen, Check, Read!
Expertise – knowledge
Trustworthiness – consistent, reliable, keep promises
Composure – have a plan, be confident
Appearance – look and dress appropriately
Know what irriates the customer!
Support with evidence & facts!
Engage in emotions, fears & desires!
DO NOT manipulate!
Persuader has more to gain
Self interest > public interest
Get into partners. Each person will be given a word. Describe the word to partner without using any common words listed on the piece of paper.
Can't say any word underneath the given word
No pointing to objects!
TIME LIMIT 30 SECS PER WORD!
Too much materials
Difficult for understanding
Inability to retain in memory
avoid expressing own opinions/feelings
communication intended to humiliate, control, dominate others
opinions/feelings clearly stated without violating right of others