Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Eating Out - ordering at a restaurant
Transcript of Eating Out - ordering at a restaurant
When was last time you had a meal in a restaurant?
What did you eat?
Did you order an appetizer?
What main course did you order?
Did you order desert?
Build Your Own Sandwich
Whole Grain Gluten Free
At the Restaurant
Act this out. Takes turns being the waiter & customers.
Welcome the customers
(bring the menu over)
Ask what drinks the customers would like
(read the menu)
(serve the drinks)
Ask what starter and main course each
customer would like
Order different starters and main courses
(give back the menu)
(take notes on the customers’ orders)
Repeat the order back to the customers
(get the food and bring it to the table)
Thank the waiter
Comment on the food
Ask if the customers would like dessert
Order different desserts
(take notes on the customers' order)
(get the desserts and bring them to the
Thank the waiter
Ask if the customers would like anything
Ask for the bill
(give the customers the bill)
Thank the customers
Lets talk about breakfast!
(1) Americans love going out (eating at a restaurant) for breakfast.
Do people in your country?
(2) Did you have breakfast this morning?
(3) What do you usually have for breakfast?
(4) Who do you eat breakfast with?
all you can eat
What do these words mean? Use each in a sentence
Honey Dijon Mustard
House Caesar Dressing
House Russian Dressing
Now you can design your own restaurant. In groups of 2-4 think of the following
1. What kind of food will you serve?
2. What is the name of your restaurant?
3. Will it be an informal or formal restaurant?
4. Write today's menu. List 3 appetizers, 3 entrees, and 3 desserts. What are the specials?
Are you ready to order?
Would you like a few more minutes?
How is everything?
Can I get you anything else?
Are you all done?
Would you care for dessert?
What are your specials today?
Is this dish spicy?
What does that come with?
What do you recommend?
We'd like the check, please.