Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Fascism
Is a way of organizing a society in which a government ruled by a dictator controls the lives of the people and in which people are not allowed to disagree with the government.
1. Powerful and Continuing Nationalism
- Fascist regimes tend to make constant use of patriotic mottos, slogans, symbols, songs, and other paraphernalia. Flags are seen everywhere, as are flag symbols on clothing and in public displays.
2. Supremacy of the Military - Even when there are widespread domestic problems, the military is given a disproportionate amount of government funding, and the domestic agenda is neglected. Soldiers and military service are glamorized.
3. Rampant Sexism - The governments of fascist nations tend to be almost exclusively male-dominated. Under fascist regimes, traditional gender roles are made more rigid. Divorce, abortion and homosexuality are suppressed and the state is represented as the ultimate guardian of the family institution.
4. Controlled Mass Media - Sometimes to media is directly controlled by the government, but in other cases, the media is indirectly controlled by government regulation, or sympathetic media spokespeople and executives. Censorship, especially in war time, is very common
5. Corporate Power is Protected - The industrial and business aristocracy of a fascist nation often are the ones who put the government leaders into power, creating a mutually beneficial business/government relationship and power elite.
6. Rampant Cronyism and Corruption - Fascist regimes almost always are governed by groups of friends and associates who appoint each other to government positions and use governmental power and authority to protect their friends from accountability. It is not uncommon in fascist regimes for national resources and even treasures to be appropriated or even outright stolen by government leaders.
Faces- (in Ancient Rome) -
A bundle of rods with a Protecting axe blade, carried by a literals as a symbol of magistrates and Power
Economic- Justified in terms of probability.
Socialism- A political and economic theory of social organization that advocates that the means of production, distribution, and exchange should be owned or regulated by the community as a whole
Military- Armed forces of a country
Dominant- Most Important, Powerful, or in fluency
Capitalism- An economic and political system in which a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit, rather than by state.
Single Party- To do on your own
Surveillance- The monitoring of the behavior , activities, or other changing info.
Ethnicity- the fact or state of belonging to a social group that has a common national or cultural tradition
Censorship-the practice of officially examining books, movies, etc., and suppressing unacceptable parts.
Oppression-prolonged cruel or unjust treatment or control
Significant-sufficiently great or important to be worthy of attention; noteworthy.
Ethnic Groups-people of the same race or nationality who share a distinctive culture
literal-of or relating to the government or the public affairs of a country.
Fascism can be used as a political term. Fascism comes from the word faces. This is a movement that adores during WW1 and WW2. Fascism
is the attitude of giving full interest in economic ,social and military power to dominant race or state lead by a single dominant leader.
Fascism is basically rejected the idea of socialism , capitalism and democracy.
Fascism are single party dictatorships characterized by terrorism and police surveillance, focus is on ethnicity and “our” race being better than his fellow man.
Used to categorize censorship and oppression .(one who take away freedom from others can be considered fascist).
" Fourteen Defining Characteristics Of Fascism." Fourteen Defining characteristics Of Fascism. Dr. Lawrence Britt, n.d .Web. 03 Feb. 2014.
"Fascism." N.p., n.d. Web.
"Fascism." : The Concise Encyclopedia of Economics. N.p., n.d. Web. 04 Feb. 2014.
Benito Mussolini in 1919 described fascism as a movement that would strike "against the backwardness of the right and the destructiveness of the left". Later the Italian Fascists described fascism as a right-wing ideology in the political program The Doctrine of Fascism, stating: "We are free to believe that this is the century of authority, a century tending to the 'right,' a fascist century. Mussolini stated that fascism's position on the political spectrum was not a serious issue to fascists: "Fascism, sitting on the right, could also have sat on the mountain of the center ... These words in any case do not have a fixed and unchanged meaning: they do have a variable subject to location, time and spirit. We don't give a damn about these empty terminologies and we despise those who are terrorized by these words
Fascism is pretty much Socialism but
With a capital veneer. Fascism comes
from the word Fasces. Fascism is distinguished
from inter venison or mixed economy. The anarchist Mikhail Bakunin's concept of propaganda of the deed, which stressed the importance of direct action as the primary means of politics, including revolutionary violence, became popular amongst fascists who admired the concept and adopted it as a part of fascism.
Fascism Could Also Be.
How did Fascism take place in Italy?
The ideological roots of fascism have been traced back to the 1880s, and in particular to the fin de siècle theme of that time.The theme was based on a revolt against materialism, rationalism, positivism, bourgeois society and democracy. The fin-de-siècle generation supported emotionalism, irrationalism, subjectivism and vitalism. The fin-de-siècle mindset saw civilization as being in a crisis that required a massive and total solution..
Mussolini started the fascist Party in Italy. He was expelled from a socialist party in 1915 and then went to fight in WWI. He was injured, returned to Italy, and started a new political party (a fascist party). Fascist is centered on ethnic state all united by their heritage and looks fascist. Fascism was very violent and cruel. And it spread to many parts of Italy. It spread so much that even police soon came under the control of fascism.
Futurism that was both an artistic-cultural movement and initially a political movement in Italy led by Filippo Tommaso Marinetti who founded the Futurist Manifesto (1908), that championed the causes of modernism, action, and political violence as necessary elements of politics while denouncing liberalism and parliamentary politics. Futurism influenced fascism in its emphasis on recognizing the virile nature of violent action and war as being necessities of modern civilization.
Produced by cows
Assisted by wolves
Directed by Pigs
Co-directed by cats
The 6 characteristics of Fascism
starring: Brandon Bakka Beasley
Ashli Cade Overby
and Britany l Pollock