Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Ground Water: What is it? Where is it? and How did it get there?
Transcript of Ground Water: What is it? Where is it? and How did it get there?
Where do you think
water comes from?
a pathway to ground water
How does water get underground?
water molecules slide between soil and rock layers until they are stopped by a solid rock layer.
Zone of Saturation
Zone of Aeration
a solid layer of rock that stores ground water and allows ground water to flow.
the amount of open spaces in rock
the ability of rock to let liquids pass through their open spaces or pores
Water can flow from a crack in the caprock and allow ground water to surface