Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Genetics of Blonde Hair
Transcript of Genetics of Blonde Hair
LEF1 is transcription factor,
a molecule that controls the activity of a gene by determining whether the gene's DNA is transcribed into RNA.
A > G
Control v. Blonde v. Ancestral
These are transgenic embryos that are the result of injections with different lacZ constructs. The lacZ was visible within the kidney (H2b fragment) and developing hair follicles (HFE or hair follicle enhancer fragment).
2. Rhodi Lee. 2014. "Blonde or Brunette: Single DNA Letter Change Determines Hair Color."
3. Sherri Calvo, Heather Collins, and Kathleen Greenberg. July 2014. "KITLG".
1. Bedell, Guenther, Kingsley, Luo, Tasic. 2014. "A Molecular Basis For Classic Blond Hair Color in Europeans." Nature Genetics.
"This particular genetic variation in humans is associated with blond hair, but it isn't associated with eye color or other pigmentation traits, The specificity of the switch shows exactly how independent color changes can be encoded to produce specific traits in humans." (Kingsley 2014)