Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
6 Principles of Democracy
Transcript of 6 Principles of Democracy
of the Constitution Popular Sovereignty Limited Government Separation of Powers Judicial Review Checks and Balances Federalism -The people are the ONLY source of government power
-"WE THE PEOPLE"
-Consent of the governed The division of power between the branches of government
Federal -Each branch will "check" the power of the other
-Ties the branches together
-Each branch can restrain the other Division of power between federal (central) & state governments
Each level of government has substantial powers
Dual system of government -No government is all powerful
-The Government can ONLY do things the people give it the power to do
-Government must obey the law
The power of the courts to determine if government actions are Constitutional
The ability to declare acts unconstitutional (illegal/void)
Power given to the courts