Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Sonia Sotomayor
She was hired out of law school as an assistant district attorney under New York County.
Experience as a Judge
Nominated on November 27, 1991, by President George H. W. Bush to a seat on the U.S. District Court for the Sounthern District of New York.
Date Appointed to Supreme Court: May 26, 2009
Confirmed: August 6, 2009
Years on the Supreme Court: 5 years
Age at appointment to Supreme Court: 54 years
Age now: 59 years
Appointed by Barack Obama - Democrat
Senate Vote: 68-31
Party Affiliation: Independent
Ethnicity: Hispanic, Puerto Rican
Born: June 25, 1954 in Bronx, New York
No Military Experience
Religion: Roman Catholic
Married: Kevin Noonan (1976-1983
Attended college at Princeton University and earned her B.A. (Bachelor of Arts) in 1976.
In 1979, she earned her J.D. from Yale Law School where she served as an editor of the Yale Law Journal.
Became the youngest judge in the southern district and the first Hispanic federal judge in New York State.
In 1984, Sonia entered private practice and joined the commercial litigation practice group of Pavia & Harcourt in Manhattan as an associate.