Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Rocks and Minerals by Mrs. Wendel's Class
Transcript of Rocks and Minerals by Mrs. Wendel's Class
by Mrs. Wendel's Second Grade
The Rock Cycle
The rock cycle shows how rocks change. Rocks change many times.
Rocks and minerals are useful!
They are used to make: jewelry, lead for pencils, houses, and even toothpaste!
Weathering is wearing away earth. Rocks break into pieces and get smaller and smaller.
Metamorphic rocks are rocks that change. It takes millions of years to change a rock. They are lifted to the surface by earthquakes.
Erosion is when wind, water, and gravity changes rocks.
Igneous rocks are made of magma (lava). Magma is melted rock inside the earth.
Sedimentary rocks are made of many layers like a cake. They are made of shells, sand and pebbles.