Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Adaptation and Graphic Narratives
Transcript of Adaptation and Graphic Narratives
Graphic Narratives The Dark Knight, Warner Bros. Pictures, 2008 Batman and Robin, Warner Bros. Pictures, 1997 Watchmen, Warner Bros. Pictures, 2009 Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, Universal, 2010 Art School Confidential,
Sony Classics, 2006 Ghost World, MGM, 2001 V for Vendetta,
Warner Bros. Pictures, 2006 Daredevil, 20th Century Fox, 2003 Green Lantern,
Warner Bros. Pictures,
2011 "Terms like infidelity, betrayal, deformation, violation, bastardization, vulgarization, and desecration proliferate in adaptation discourse.
Such language implies the violation of something sacred, a breach of boundaries that must be stopped and set to right."
- Robert Stam 1. Be true to the essence of the original story
2. Find its OWN artistic identity independent of its source material. FAITHFUL and ORIGINAL Literature adds to reality,
it does not simply describe it.
– C.S. Lewis 1. We learn through
REPETITION 2. We learn through
EXPERIMENTATION 3. Comics: Gateway Drug to Books 4. Built in Audience Successful Adaptations...
1. UTILIZE the tools of the medium Successful Adaptations...
2. Say something NEW Choose ONE:
1. Little Red Riding Hood
2. Noah's Ark
3. Romeo and Juliet Adaptations:
produce a layered, symbiotic entity –
one that accomplishes more in partnership
with its original source than either could accomplish separately. Adaptations:
produce a layered, symbiotic entity – one that accomplishes more in partnership with its original source than either could accomplish separately.