Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Coco Chanel
France ESTOURNET PRESENTATION OF THE
1 - History
2 - Personality
3 - Accomplishments
4 - Management style
CONCLUSION 1. HISTORY
19/08/ 1883 – Gabrielle Chanel is born in Saumur France.
1895 – Coco’s mother dies at the age of thirty-three
Coco and her older sister Julie are shipped off to an orphanage.
1900 – At age 17 Coco leaves the orphanage and is sent to a convent in Moulins, France.
1910 – She opens a hat shop on rue Cambon in Paris.
She has a crisp white awning out the front of the shop with ‘Coco Chanel’ painted on it in black letters : beginning of the famous double ‘C’ Chanel logo. entrepreneur 1. HISTORY
1916 – Chanel’s stores are so successful that by the end of the year she has three hundred staff in her employment.
She is becoming a fashion icon herself.
1929 – Chanel opens a boutique for her accessories and Chanel No.5
1931 – Chanel begins designing clothes for Hollywood films and signs a lucrative 1 million dollar contract.
1936 – During troubled times in France, Chanel is faced with the strike of at least a hundred of her workers. 1. HISTORY
1939 – The outbreak of World War II – Chanel declared it was ‘no time for fashion’ and took a fifteen year break from her beloved business.
1954 – Chanel, aged seventy, presents a new collection for the first time in 15 years.
1971 – Coco Chanel dies, aged eighty seven.
1983 – Karl Lagerfeld becomes design director for the House of Chanel and slowly rebuilds the damaged reputation of one of the oldest fashion houses in Paris. 2. PERSONNALITY - ambitious
- she was daring
- she was different
- she was inspired
- she was resilient 3. ACCOMPLISHMENTS 1909: Selling hats. Made in a workshop. (Bachelor’s apartment changed in a workshop.)
PHOTO : Hat made by Coco Chanel - 1912 3. ACCOMPLISHMENTS : 1910's 1910: 1st shop: “Chanel Modes” in Paris (Rue Cambon)
1913: Shop in Deauville & then a store in Biarritz, 1915.
1916: Her first success in clothing: a dress (she fashioned out of an old jersey on a chilly day). 3. ACCOMPLISHMENTS : 1910's 1921: Shops in rue Cambon. (31 rue Cambon, famous fashion house of Chanel nowadays).
Her first perfume: Chanel n°5. A work with Ernest Beaux.
In 1959 Exhibition at the museum. The bottle of No. 5 is exhibited in the museum of Modern Art in New York.
1924: Foundation of Chanel perfume company
Successes in clothing:
1925: Suit Jacket and well-fitted skirt
1926: Little black dress
Little black dress by Coco CHANEL 3. ACCOMPLISHMENTS
1932: Launch of a collection of fine jewellery
1934: Creating a workshop specialized in jewellery
1955: - Quilter Shoulder Bag
- “Pour Monsieur”, 1st eau de toilette for men
- Coco Chanel received the Oscar fashion honouring the most influential designer of the twentieth century. 3. ACCOMPLISHMENTS 1970: Launching a new fragrance: N ° 19 4. MANAGEMENT STYLE It was the life of Coco Chanel Thank you for your attention !!! Do you have any questions ? Coco CHANEL SELF CONFIDENT
Nonconformist methods of working 4.MANAGEMENT STYLE NO FRIENDLY MANAGEMENT
Egocentric 4. MANAGEMENT STYLE STRONG LEADERSHIP
Strong Business sense
Opportunist SUCESSES & FAILURES
Outstanding personnality of the 20th century
Successul Business woman
Closure in 1945
Unhappy end 4. MANAGEMENT STYLE