Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Plot quadrants
9/24: The Bloodless Revolution
Definition: the doctrine that the right of rule derives directly from God, not from the consent of the people.
Example : During the _________________ most absolute monarchs claimed divine right to rule
Definition: group of Protestants that arose in the 16th century demanding the simplification and purification of the doctrine
Example: Many Puritans decided to __________________.
Definition: The law making (legislative) branch in Great Britain
Example: Many Monarchs__________ with the Parliament for power.
Why was England afraid of a Catholic king?
( Setting; place time)
(Turning Point in the story)
Review TB Notes
Definition: 1215, King John of England was not above the law of the land and protecting the rights of the people
Example: King John was ________ to sign the Magna Carta.
English Civil War Reading
1. The English Civil War began after a series of conflicts between ______ and _________.
2. The war began during the reign ________.
3. King Charles believed that the right of kings to rule came from _________.
4. After King Charles dissolved Parliament, a new Parliament was formed. What was the attitude of Parliament towards the king?
5. What caused the English Civil War?
6. What was the final spark that started the war?
What was the final straw for the Parliament?