Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Pharaoh Tausret
She ruled from
1197 B.C. - 1191 B.C. along with her stepson. From 1191 B.C. - 1189 B.C., she ruled independently.
Tausret means "powerful one, chosen of Mut"
What does the pharaoh's crown look like?
This is the only picture or description I could find of her crown; however, I found other pictures of things found in her tomb...
Before her husband Seti II died, he ordered Tausret's tomb to be built in the Valley of the Kings. It has been studied by many people throughout history and is used to teach us what little we know about this special queen.
Pharaoh Tausret's Major Accomplishments
1. She was one of only three female pharaohs of ancient Egypt.
2. She was the last pharaoh of Egypt's 19th Dynasty.
3. She was one of only two females buried in the Valley of the Kings, located in Thebes.
During her reign, Egypt was in civil war
Why was Pharaoh Tausret important to the Egyptians?
She didn't reign for very long and there is not much written about her, but there are many monuments of her throughout Egypt. She was called the "Great Royal Wife".