Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
DNA and Genetics
Transcript of DNA and Genetics
What do you know about DNA?
Why does DNA need to be read?
It begins to unravel
So that the nucleic acids
Nucleic acids are made-up of nucleotides.
What phase of
the cell cycle
The Secondary Structure Of DNA
Twisted Ladder, Double Helix
James Watson and Francis Crick
1953 in England
The Work of
Rosalind Franklin made this
Now, Let's build some DNA!
This is the central dogma of biology.
How does DNA make RNA
that can leave the nucleus?
This is where genetic information is stored.
Genes are portions of chromosomes
The gene for deafness is RIGHT HERE
But... DNA cannot leave the nucleus.
How does it get the message to the rest of the cell?
It uses a messenger
What differences do you see?
It's cooler than magic,
The process is called
And it only has one strand