Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Nuclear Chemistry
usually accompanies other emissions
generally not shown in equations Radioactive series - series of nuclear reactions starting with an unstable nucleus and ending with a stable one Nuclear Reactions particles typically involved are the proton, neutron, electron, positron and alpha particle U-238 -> Th-234
I-131 -> Xe-131
C-11 -> B-11
N-14 -> O-17
Ne-20 -> Ne-21
O-17 + C-12 -> O-16 + ?
H-2 + N-14 -> C-13 + ? Nuclear Transmutation nucleus undergoes change as a result of bombardment of particles or other nuclei N-14 + neutron -> C-14 + ?
N-14 + proton -> ?
Al-27 + alpha -> P-30 electron capture capture by the nucleus of an inner shell electron from the electron cloud that surrounds the nucleus nuclear fission and fusion fission - bigger to smaller nuclei
fusion - smaller nuclei to bigger nuclei nuclear chain reaction self sustaining sequence of nuclear fission reactions supercritical mass