Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Let's Start Our Day! 19 November 2013
Transcript of Let's Start Our Day! 19 November 2013
Let's Start Our Day!
Take out your whiteboards and markers.
Daily Language Practice
Synonyms or antonyms?
Problem of the Day
Put away your whiteboards and markers
Stand up quietly and face the flag
Let's review our class rules.
There are 32 students in this class. There is only one teacher.
1. now, later ______________
2. normal, unusual ________________
Correct these sentences.
3. have you read the enormous crocodile, a book by roald dahl
I Pledge Allegiance to the flag
of the United States of America
and to the Republic
for which it stands,
one Nation under God,
with liberty and justice for all.
O beautiful for spacious skies,
For amber waves of grain,
For purple mountain majesties
Above the fruited plain!
God shed his grace on thee
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!
Hail, hail to old Purdue
All hail to our old gold and black!
Hail, hail to old Purdue!
Our friendship may she never lack.
Ever grateful, ever true,
Thus we raise our song anew
Of the days we’ve spent with you,
All hail our own Purdue.
In Room 202, we use Active Listening
There are 4 rules for Active Listening.
Eyes on the speaker
Hands free and clear
Put it in your pocket!
Ears listening and brain thinking about what is being said
A form of energy that travels in straight lines from its source
An area that does not get light
part of your body that is sensitive to light
bounce off, as light rays do off a surface
a smooth surface made of shiny material.
There are fifteen people in the family coming to dinner, plus five guests. If each person will eat three rolls, how many rolls must Dad make?
take in something, such as light
a property of an object determined by the light that reflects from the object
4. i like to listen to music while i jog
Is the highlighted word a noun, verb, or adjective?
5. Amelia Bedelia took her friends to see her house.
Laws and Rules
a member of a community
something one is owed by law or custom
to do what one is told