Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Inclusive Language
Simple Tips to a More Inclusive Environment on Your Floor
By: Sam Grimaldi
If my Inside was my Outside...
Theory --> Practice!
Persons with Disability
Inclusive Language/ Behaviors
Simple Ways to Practice these as an RA
Why is it important?
Words have POWER
Sense of Awareness
Simple Ways to Practice
Try these even SIMPLER tips!
Make a Bulletin Board
Have an Intentional Floor Theme
Create a Simple Sign
Become a Safe Zone RA
Plan a Program
Show a Movie/ Documentary
Send an E-mail about Current Events
What else can you think of?
Don't be a bystander!
Confront a Resident!
Be aware of your own body language!
Keep track of your non verbals!
Things to avoid
Try it this way!
Thanks for coming!