Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of X-ALD
It is characterized by three main symptoms
testicular dysfunction (Takahasi et al. 2007).
X-ALD is biochemically characterized by increased Very-long chain fatty acids (VLCFA; C22) levels in blood (Hein et al. 2008).
ABCD 1 Gene has 10 exons ABCD 1 Gene is located at the "Q" arm of the X chromosome: Xq28 It is primarily caused by a mutation on the ABCD1 gene which encodes for the ALDP protein Cytosol Peroxisomal Matrix PEROXISOME ALDP Protein VLCFAs are exclusively processed in peroxisomes in humans Failure in part of the ALDP leads to the accumulation of VLCFA in the body. High levels of VLCFA becomes toxic specially to brain cells leading to demyelination.
The main culprit for X-ALD