Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Yellow Journalism Day 3
Transcript of Yellow Journalism Day 3
- Yellow Journalism Project
- I can finish my project
- I can assess Yellow Journalism
How could Yellow Journalism be used as a tool/weapon in today's society? Explain.
Modern Yellow Journalism?
Is this article Yellow Journalism? Why?
Yellow Journalism in America
Why do newspapers sell biased news?
Is it possible to make unbiased news?
What can we do to better inform ourselves?
Project Work Time
To be done today:
- Project finished
- Grade your group's project on the rubric
- On task
- Project completed
- When you finish, get caught up on late work
Set your project up, we will showcase them for the class.
Use the grading slip I gave you (one per group) to offer plus/delta
Plus: Good thing about their project
Delta: One thing they can improve
- Do not disparage
- Think "Man in the Arena", offer feedback
Is Yellow Journalism still prevalent today?
If so, what can we do to protect against it?
If not, why not?
Discussion: Could Carnegie's message in the "Gospel of Wealth" be a version of the White Man's Burden? Why?
- Take 2 minutes to discuss chapter 4 with your table
- 12 minutes to take the quiz
- Complete sentences
- Explain your answer