Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Evidence for Sea-Floor Spreading
Transcript of Evidence for Sea-Floor Spreading
Pillow lava is erupting along the mid-ocean ridge.
This shows that new ocean floor is continuously being created. 2. Magnetic Stripes:
Magma pours out of the mid-ocean ridge.
The magma hardens into rock.
Minerals in the rock record reversals of Earth's magnetic field.
The magnetic memory shows an alternating pattern of north-south-north-south.
The pattern is a mirror image on both sides of the mid-ocean ridge. 3. Drilling Samples (Rock Ages)
The Glomar Challenger has taken rock samples from the ocean floor.
The rocks near the mid-ocean ridge are younger.
The rocks far away from the mid-ocean ridge are older.