Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Pedagogy of Maria Montessori
Transcript of The Pedagogy of Maria Montessori
"The three hour work period" Multiage Grouping Teach by teaching, not by correcting! Instead of correcting mistakes immediately, respect child's work as it is.
Plan individual projects to enable the child to learn in order to improve. Class Size ( from 30 to 35 children possible) ASSESSMENT There are no grades, or other ways of reward or punishment
Assessment is done by portfolios and by the teachers' observations and record-keeping. Character Education Don't say "You mustn't" to children, because they may: Loose interest
Loose creativity You'd rather tell them why is it dangerous... They might do the work well just for being praised, but not for the work itself... Do not praise the children too much Montessori, M. (2004). The Discovery of the Child. Aakar Books