Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of Author's Style
Transcript of Copy of Author's Style
Author's Style is the way an author uses language to express his/her thoughts.
What do you think "Author's Style" might refer to?
word choice, figurative language, and literary devices
question asked with no expected answer
literal, dictionary meaning of a word
idea or feeling associated with a word in addition to its literal meaning
using a person, place, object, or action that stands for something other than itself
phrase whose meaning cannot be understood from the literal meaning of the words in it Hold your tongue is an English idiom meaning keep quiet.
familiar, informal everyday talk Movies is an informal term for the more formal term cinema.
a form of language spoken in a particular place by a particular group of people
the contrast between what is expected will be said or done and what actually is said or done
the extreme over exaggeration of something
All a part of . . .
doin' too much