Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Gene Manipulaion
Dna (deoxyribonuclec acid): hereditary material
20000-25000 genes in each cell
Genes >> instructions for building up proteins
unfolded genome: 180 cm
30000x thinner than hair
genes are made up of dna
Also chromosomes are made up of dna
every cell has 46, 23 from mother, 23 from father
the last pair determines the gender
Most commonly used methods:
Using of GMOs
in 70 countries grown/eaten
In USA >> more than 90 % of all soybean, cotton and corn is genetically modified
In Europe only an insect resistant corn type is grown
Where is the "moral border" of using gene manipulation?
Can we reach immortality? What would happen if yes?
Is cloning ethical?
Thank you for your attention!
Made by Josua Lakatos
Where should we stop???