Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Cells Test Review
Transcript of Cells Test Review
How do you know this? Estimate the size of the cell.
Your total field of view is 2000 microns. Glycolysis
34.Glycolysis literally means "_______-splitting." In glycolysis, the__ -carbon sugar glucose is split into molecules of ___ pyruvate, also called )__________ acid. This process produces a net gain of _______ATP molecules. The resulting molecules of pyruvate each have carbon atoms. Glycolysis takes place in the cell's ____________________. The remainder of cellular respiration takes place in organelles called _____________________________.
The Krebs Cycle
36. Some ________ and other energy carrying molecules are produced here. The __________________ gas is a byproduct of this process.
The Electron Transport Chain
37. Most of the __________ is produced in this last step of cellular respiration. At the end of electron transport, ________________ combines with hydrogen ions and (e-) to form ________________.
½O2 + 2H+ + 2e- → H2O
38. Write the overall balanced chemical reaction.
___________ + _______________ = ________________+________________+ ___________
39. In the absence of _______________ , the cell resorts to anaerobic metabolism. In animal cells, pyruvate is converted to ________________ acid. In yeast and bacteria, the pyruvate is often converted to ____________________ . In both cases, no new ATP is produced, so the net production of the ________-carrying molecule is only the ______ molecules of ATP produced in glycolysis.
POTENTIAL ESSAY QUESTIONS
1. Describe two Cell Raft presentations and something you
learned from each.
2. Describe the impact of over fertilizing and describe the osmotic
affect on the plant.
3. Describe two important scientists and their contributions to the cell theory.
4. Compare and contrast a prokaryotic cell to an eukaryotic cell. (2 similarities and 2 differences)
5. Suppose you would like to open your own bakery. Describe how alcohol fermentation is related to bread making.
17.Fluid inside the cell is called _________________.
18. Label the plasma membrane (phospholipids, proteins, integral cytoskeleton, phospholipid, fatty acid tails)
19. A ________________ bilayer makes up most of the cell membrane.
20. Are phospholipids heads polar or nonpolar? the tails?
21. How many fatty acid chains are in a phospholipid?
22. Describe the heads of a phospholipid.
23. The __________ _____________ ___________ describes the appearance of the cell membrane.
24. Why is the cell membrane said to act like a fluid?
25. What causes the mosaic pattern of the cell membrane when viewed from above?
26. The phospholipid ____________ of the cell membrane allows ____________ molecules to pass through easily, but _________________ do NOT.
27. Materials soluble in __________ can pass easily through the cell membrane.
28. Because the cell membrane is ___________________, only ___________ molecules and larger _______________ molecules can move through easily.
29. List 3 substances that pass easily through the cell membrane.
30. _________, _____________ molecules larger than water, and large __________ molecules do NOT move easily through the phospholipids of the cell membrane.
31. 32. 33.