Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
THANK YOU AND HOPE ALL
Transcript of THANK YOU AND HOPE ALL
IMPORTANCE OF WATER
Water is important because:-
Water is one of the most important substances on earth. All plants and animals must have water to survive. If there was no water there would be no life on earth. Apart from drinking it to survive, people have many other uses for water.
Why is water important?
Water has many other uses:-
It is essential for cooking and washing.
It is used in dams to generate electricity.
A large amount of water is used in agriculture and industries.
Water is also used as a medium of transport.
Water is also the home of many plants and animals.
What are its uses?
States of water
Water can occur in three states: solid (ice), liquid, or gas (vapor).
is water in the solid state.
that you drink is in the liquid state.
is water in the gaseous state.
• In nature, water exists in the solid state as snow on high mountains.
• Most of the water on the earth exists in the liquid form-in rivers, lakes, seas and oceans.
• In the gaseous state, water exists as water vapour in the air.
Change of state
The state of water can be changed by changing the temperature that is by heating or cooling.
Water freezes to form ice
When water is cooled,it forms ice. This is known as
Ice melts to form liquid water
When ice is heated, it melts quickly to form water. This is known as
Water evaporates to form water vapour
When water is heated, it changes to form water vapour, a gas. This is known as
. A hot liquid evaporates faster than a cold liquid.
Water vapour condenses to form water
When water vapour is cooled, it changes back to water. This is known as
CHANGE OF STATES