Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Clown's Hat Problem
Transcript of The Clown's Hat Problem
bobbles. Each bobble can be red, green or blue. Your mission (should you choose to accept it), is to find out how many different hats you can make.
You must use a system to find every possible way of using these three colours to make different hats. You cannot have the same combination twice. What combinations could
you have? Think about our five steps
to problem solving:
1. Read and think
2. Choose a strategy
5. Report and record The problem-solving strategies
1. Reason logically
2. Make a conjecture and test it with particular examples
3. Work backwards
4. Trial and improvement
5. Look for a pattern
6. Make an organised list or table
7. Try a simpler case
8. Act out the situation
9. Draw a picture or diagram or make a model.
You will be working with a partner for this problem solving activity.
Discuss which strategy you will use.
Use the trial and improvement strategy with the counters to test out
When you are happy that you have discovered all the possibilities with
NO duplicates, use the other A3 sheet to record.
Happy problem solving! WALT: To represent a puzzle or problem by identifying and recording information or calculations needed to solve it;
To organise work and refine ways of recording