Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of New Toilets
The Flush Toilet...
Clean water is scarce.
Treating sewer water is expensive.
Sanitation critical for public health.
New sewer lines are expensive.
More people are going!
urine high in phosphorous (fertilizer)
dry poop does not smell, is less toxic and easier to process into fuel or compost.
...uses drinkable water.
...requires transport and
treatment of waste.
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
"Reinvent the Toilet Challenge"
Bacteria decomposes waste.
Generates heat to kill pathogens.
Heat can be used for cooking or to generate electricity
Does not smell or attract insects.
Psychological barriers to use.
Compost must periodically be removed.
Toilet challenge winner!
Recovers and cleans the water
Compost or Digester toilets