Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Emily Gibbs - FT Communications ProCom 2014 Prezi
Transcript of Emily Gibbs - FT Communications ProCom 2014 Prezi
But the world of media is transforming .
Members of the Comms Team have what we call,
As the FT focuses on digital-first ...
Before: We spoke
Today: We speak
We must find a way to:
Head of Internal Communications
-What this means for communications
- FT transformation to digital
- Measuring success
"The whole is greater
than the sum of its parts."
We handle over 60 different clients
Ensuring all extensions of the FT brand are being adequately represented.
- One point-person
- Annual plan
- Ensure consistency in messaging/branding
Meet the TEAM.
Comms objectives: driven by business objectives
Innovative world-leading news organisation
"FT journalism must adapt further to a world where reporters and commentators converse with readers. Our goal must be to deepen engagement and ensure we meet readers’ demands whenever and however they turn to us for breaking news and quality analysis."
- Lionel Barber
..so does the Comms team.
Social Media influencer programme
Regular promotion of what's on FT.com
We have access. They have followers.
THE INFLUENCER PROGRAMME
And how does the world see us?
We also manage negativity around the FT brand
"Print site closure!?"
How else does the Comms team establish the
as a preeminent source of quality global news?
OUR SOCIAL MEDIA REACH = 7.4 MILLION.
How do we measure success?
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
- Albert Einstein.
brand through various channels
Tell the FT story:
"The Financial Times makes it clear what the policy makers should think."
" What distinguishes the FT is the admiration of its readers, without any apparent exception, for the clarity and objectivity of its reporting. "
- Peter Osnos, The Atlantic (July 17, 2012)
- Bill Bonner, Author (February 14, 2012)
"It is no secret why this is one of the great newspapers of the world, and it is because the Financial Times is direct, insightful, independent, fair and you can trust what you read in this paper. The paper has always been on the cutting edge of financial journalism since its first days.”
- Former NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg
How do we do this?
- Strategic and disciplined approach
- Ensure we align with business
- We promote and protect the FT brand and reputation
- Global media relations campaigns
- Social influencers campaign
- Engaging and conversing on social media
- Following the newsroom example
- Telling the FT story
Our internal communications objectives
S + L c + E = RXG
- Multichannel internal communications
- Empowering our staff to use social
- Informing, educating and inspiring about digital
- Focusing on our people
- Engaging and involving with our strategy
We promote and protect the FT brand and reputation
So what does the communications team have to do with keeping a 126 year old brand alive and well?
Add internal and external
Build and protect our brand and reputation
Position FT as leading source of global news, comment & analysis
Build visibility, community and engagement through social media
Keep staff informed and inspire culture of change
- Results driven - does this move the needle?