Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
A Spoonful of Sugar: The Art of Wayne Thiebaud
Transcript of A Spoonful of Sugar: The Art of Wayne Thiebaud
When asked, "What do you think defines an artist?" Thiebaud replied "An artist creates his own world."
heavy application (paint applied thickly to the canvas)
subject matter focuses on the commonplace
Born in the 1920s, Thiebaud is an American painter best known for his still life paintings of cakes, pastries, and lipstick. Much of his art is influenced by his experience working at a diner as a young man in Long Beach, CA. So in a way, you could say that his paintings are nostalgic, reaching back to fond memories. Your Project You are to create a still life painting inspired by Wayne Thiebaud. Using strongly lit treats (yum!), you will incorporate the qualities found in Thiebaud's paintings in your own painting.