Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Year 12 IAG - Intro to UCAS
Transcript of Year 12 IAG - Intro to UCAS
UCAS Folder - where to store it?
Going to have a draft completed by tomorrow 2:30pm
* UCAS Day
* Start Application & personal statement
* School website information
* Weekly sessions with VMG tutors
* Publish non negotiable deadlines
* Parents UCAS Information Evening (6-7pm)
* References completed by VMG & Guidance tutors
* Personal statement lunchtime support
* Personal statements to be finished
before Oct H/T
* Extra mentoring sessions for 15th Oct
* Oxbridge etc Academy deadline = 3rd OCT
* All other applications Academy deadline = 15th DEC
* Final UCAS deadline = 15th Jan
* UCAS Track
* Student finance sessions
* Support and guidance about accepting
offers via tutor time & enrichment
What to Study?
What to expect
Experienced Sixth Form tutor team
Information, Guidance & Advice
Wont get it right first time!
Not just applicable to Uni applications
Make sure you complete an Academy open Day Form
Why you should consider University
How the school supports you
How we will support non-uni students
What is higher education
Where to Study?
You aren't going to decide about all of this today!!
By the end of tomorrow we expect you to have a draft personal statement on Unifrog (If you do you will be rewarded!)
May - July
September - December
January - July
Is Open now!
UCAS Apply 2018 session
Guidance & VMG time
How do you choose a course?
* UCAS parents Evening
* Finance talk in Guidance
* UCAS website
You have a lot to do!
Post 18 Information, Advice & Guidance (IAG) days 2017
Schedule for the two days
Introduction to UCAS & Post 18 options
No idea what you want to do help!
Using the UCAS website to its full potential
Using your library to research
SACU + Unifrog intentions
Introduction to the personal statement & CV's
Exemplar personal statements & CV's
What makes a good Personal statement
1st Draft on unifrog = reward
Top three tips
1. Have your personal statement complete by Sept
2. Send your application off by November (AT THE LATEST)
3. Have a different mind set with about your choices
Tuesday session - Main Hall
Will be looking at this during Monday PM session