Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Graphology Science Project
Transcript of Graphology Science Project
Almost everybody's handwriting was similar, no matter how they answered the personality questions. For example, a lot of people with small handwriting, said they were outgoing, instead of the expected answer which was shy. That's why I believe my hypothesis is wrong, however to prove it I would need a larger sample size. ~ Confucius warned “Beware of a man whose handwriting sways like a reed in the wind”
~To some people graphology is the same as palm reading
~ Graphology can’t tell what gender or age a person is
~ For some people their main signature posture will come up in there handwriting
~ The biggest single breakout on graphology was here in the U.S.A. even though most graphologists are in Europe
~ Graphology has been used for centuries
~ Edgar Allen Poe wrote a book with graphology in it Fun Facts h hello ~While reviewing the data I noticed that almost everybody slants to the right
~ A lot of people don't know cursive
~ Most people say they are social or logical
~ Many people write small
~ There is around an even number of shy to outgoing people Hypothesis:
If what graphology says is true then we can tell certain characteristics of a person because graphology is the anaysis of handwriting as it relates to human psychology. Observations Question The two questions I will test for are:
1) Can the size of a persons handwriting tell if a person is outgoing or shy?
2) Can the slant in their writing be used to see if a person is logical, social, or doesn't like teamwork?
By using sample handwriting surveys; I am going to get volunteers to write a sentence in cursive . I will also ask the questions above to see if they think they are outgoing or shy and which one best describes them- logical, social, or doesn't like team work. I will use their answer as the control, to compare to the handwriting analysis. The comparison between the answers and the analysis will tell me if the questions above are answered correctly. For example if all people who think they are shy have tiny handwriting then the question is correct, that a persons handwriting can tell they're outgoing/shy. Sources
The Definitive Book Of Handwriting Analysis
By: Marc Seifer
http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/Tests/grapho.html Procedures Slant 1 1 2 3 3 222 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 1 3 Materials Problem Can the analysis of handwriting be used
to tell you about a persons personality
traits? The analysis of handwriting is called
graphology. Some people believe its not a real science, so I will do a small experiment to see what my findings are. Materials 1. Sample surveys
2. Pens, Pencils
8. Graphology Books
9. Graphology websites These are examples of graphology being used to point to personalty traits:
1) Very tight handwriting means a perfectionist
2) Disconnected handwriting means poor adaptability
3) Connected handwriting means you have the ability to adapt easier
4) In extremely small writing have the ability to shut every thing out of their minds and fully concentrate on one thing at a time. These people seem reserved.
5) What Writing Slants can tell about a person?
To the right: You are open to the world around you and like to socialize with other people. To the left: You generally like to work alone or behind the scenes. If you are right-handed and your handwriting slants to the left, you may be expressing rebellion. Not at all: You tend to be logical and practical. You are guarded with your emotions.
6) What writing size can tell a person?
Large: You have a big personality. Many celebrities have large handwriting. It may suggest that you are outgoing and like the limelight. Small: You are focused and can concentrate easily. You tend to be introspective and shy.
These are some examples of the origins graphology:
~ Edgar Allen Poe wrote an “autography” or handwriting book
~ Graphology comes from the Greek word grapho which means to write or draw and logos which means word or reason
~ 1622 the first book recorded was wrote about graphology
These are some examples of the uses graphology:
~ Graphology can be used to capture criminals
~ In Europe 80% of corporations use graphologists
These are some examples of skeptics of graphology:
How Graphology fools People. It is hard for a thinking person today to imagine how the stars or creases on the palm could affect human behavior. But it seems at least possible that, inasmuch as writing is a form of expressive behavior, it might reveal something about ourselves.
Is writing controlled by the brain. Yes it is, but walking is also controlled by the brain, so should we henceforth refer to it as "brainstepping," as Karnes and Leonard  wryly suggest? 3 1 3 3 2 1. Background research to find testable question
2. Put together writing survey with writing sample request
3. Hand out and then collect surveys
4. Review surveys and gather data according to answers and writing samples
5. Put data into table and graph format
6. Review data in the table and graph format
7. Prove or disprove hypothesis Variables and Controls Control:
The handout which consists of two personality questions and a sentence asking for a handwriting sample
The 24 different volunteers that completed the handout.