Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Madonna Lily Dissection
Transcript of Madonna Lily Dissection
Stamen: The pollen-producing reproductive organ of a flower, usually consisting of a filament and an anther.
Carpel: One of the structural units of a pistil, representing a modified, ovule-bearing leaf.
Petal: ne of the often brightly colored parts of a flower immediately surrounding the reproductive organs anther filament 76.2 mm 88.9 mm 12.7mm Pollen
grains stigma style ovary Stigma:the sticky tip of a flower's carpel, which traps pollen grains
Style: supports the stigma
Ovary: the basal portion of a carpel in which the egg-containing ovules develop ovary very small ovules about 20.3mm Our flower :) Importance of flowers in plant reproduction
The most important function of flowers in plants is to aid in their reproduction. Without flowers, a plant would be a boring green organism, but flowers attract animals that then aid in pollination. They move the pollen from the stamen to the stigma. Also, the flower contains all the reproductive organs, both male and female, the plant needs to reproduce.